After having unprotected sex two small painless flesh colored bumps arose on penis shaft. STD negative. Suggest?

Question
Hi, I'm 20 years old and 6 ft. 180 lbs. About 3 weeks after having unprotected sex two small painless flesh colored bumps arose on my penis shaft. I went to a clinic to get tested for all STD's and everything came back negative. The doctor at the clinic informed me that the bumps were just innocuous bumps. I forgot about them, but recently a third bump appears to be growing and no I am worried I have contracted genital warts through HPV
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I will try and help you!

Detailed Answer:
I am glad that you went in for testing - this was a great first step. As far as causes of the bumps, lets just get herpes out of the way - herpes presents as PAINFUL blisters that would have drained and crusted over by now.

The most likely explanation is one of two things: either genital warts OR molluscum contagiosum. I favor the latter in your case as these are extremely common. They are caused by a virus that is common and easily transmitted through sexual contact. They are usually small bumps with a slight central depression. They are caused by a virus and go away on their own over time.

Genital warts is also possible, but seems less likely.

i hope that this helps!

Follow-up: After having unprotected sex two small painless flesh colored bumps arose on penis shaft. STD negative. Suggest? 3 hours later
Genital warts is possible but is unlikely you meant? Is there any specific reason why that would be unlikely?

Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Description

Detailed Answer:
Because you described them as "flesh-colored" bumps. Warts are usually lighter in color than the surrounding skin and often a whitish color. They often have an irregular surface that looks like cauliflower.

Does this help?