After having intercourse sperm fluid has a brownish color to it. Cause?

After having intercourse sperm fluid has a brownish color to it.( not red )
Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please follow the answer below:

Detailed Answer:

It might mean that there is a source of bleeding and/or infection in your genital tract. Therefore, I would suggest to do a microscopical exam and culture of your sperm to determine the infection and related treatment through antibiogram.

Next, do you have any ulcer or other wound-like lesion in the skin of your genital organ (penis, testicles)?

In addition, have you experienced any burning or pain during urination recently? - reason to such problems.

At the end, I would recommend to treat your partner once the infection is determined and to have a safe sex (use condoms).

Hope it answered to your inquiries, please do write back with answers so that I can help you better.

Follow-up: After having intercourse sperm fluid has a brownish color to it. Cause? 7 hours later
Could this be related to the prostate problem? I take a medicine called Jayln to keep me from going to pee so many times during the night. I think that Jayln reduces my PSA count -- numbers always show normal. Should I hold off on that medicine for several weeks and then have a new PSA test?
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
follow the answer below

Detailed Answer:

It is not related to XXXXXXX If you are having prostate problem please check for other non benign pathologies through digital examination and ct scan vtogether with the earlier suggestions.

Hope it helped to your inquiries.