After ejaculation penis was swollen and a bit reddish. Vagina was a bit dry. Suggest the medicine to have a pleasurable intercourse?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
I and my partner did have sex on 24th of july this month. after ejaculation his penis head got swollen and little bit redness was seen upto next day. is this common or there is any problem? my vagina is little bit dry and i don't get excited easily. what are the reasons and which lubricating thing we should use to have pleasurable intercourse? and how can we make high our mania for sex? am i supposed to get pregnant if he ejaculated inside me even when i am using novelon?
Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Hello
Swelling and redness of the penis seen upto a day is not very commonly seen.
YOur partner should consult a Uro XXXXXXX if he perceives excessive swelling, redness and in addition, any discharge or itching from the penis.
Also, vaginal dryness at the age of 19 is not common.
Sexual excitement should lead to proper lubrication.
Causes can include a vaginal infection , lack of proper foreplay, excessive douching and vigorous vaginal cleansing or use of certain medications that cause dryness.
You should ensure that you have adequate intimacy and foreplay before intercourse, that will lead to proper lubrication.
Any pelvic infection should be ruled out by a Gynecologist.
ALso, ensure that you do not use excessive soap, lotions, bubble baths etc around the private parts.
You can use lubricants like K-Y jelly during intercourse for good lubrication and heightened pleasure.
For decreased libido, stop smoking, drinking, substance abuse.
Maintain an ideal BMI, avoid obesity and exercise daily.
Consult a Gynecologist and XXXXXXX for sexual counselling to rule out any organic pathology for diminished libido.
Oral contraceptive pills are upto 99 % effective in preventing a pregnancy, if you are taking Novelon correctly, then the chances of a pregnancy are very less.
Feel free to discuss further.

Follow-up: After ejaculation penis was swollen and a bit reddish. Vagina was a bit dry. Suggest the medicine to have a pleasurable intercourse? 3 hours later
the dry vagina may be the reason for his penis head's swelling n for redness. as we have had first time sex so still we should concern andrologist? swelling was till 4 hours after sex but redness was upto 12 hours with little bit pain in it when was being touched..
can we add beer to get more excited? we are not regular drinkers or smokers but we want to try once and have greatest pleasure next time. what should we do excluding foreplay?
which lubricant is the best one with least side effect? provide a name. and can we use viagra for more excitement? { provide name if yes}. I am not satisfied with your answer. please do provide a better answer with details for each question.
what should i do for more discharge from my vagina i.e. natural lubricant? we have had first time sex and thus we are not aware of the acts after that. what happens to the genitals after sex and thus we are concerned. please help us doctor.. we will be very much thankful to you..
answer me soon with more details and make me satisfied.
THANKYOU.... GOOD EVE

You can definitely try wine or beer if you feel that would heighten the mood for your relationship.
Also, I already provided the name of the lubricant ... KY jelly.
Regarding Viagra, there is no need as both of you are quite young, and you had sex only for the first time, and with time, it would only improve.
For natural lubrication, foreplay is a must.
Also, you should make sure there is no infection.
Normally, with foreplay, the female vagina gets lubricated sufficiently to make intercourse pleasurable.
COnsult an XXXXXXX only if there is persistent pain, redness and swelling every time you have sex, and it persists beyond a few hours.
I am really sorry if my answer did not satisfy you.
I tried to address each and every query to my best capacity.

Follow-up: After ejaculation penis was swollen and a bit reddish. Vagina was a bit dry. Suggest the medicine to have a pleasurable intercourse? 15 hours later
THANKYOU. I am satisfied now. i did ask a question nearabout 1 month ago regarding the use of novelon i.e if i use it regularly then still there is a chance of pregnancy or not?. some other doctor answered me that if i am using novelon, then there is NO CHANCE OF OVULATION. we can have sex without any protection safely. thats why i just wanted to confirm that is it true or not. THANKS and m sorry if my words upset you.. PLEASE provide any other advice if necessary according to my query..

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 18 minutes later
Hi again XXXXXXX
You did not upset me at all.
Take care, and feel free to consult me anytime.
All the best.