After eating not feeling well, had heart stent put. Do I have food poisoning?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
dose my husband have food poisoning he ate some humus that smelled bad yesterday afternoon and this morning he is really not feeling well but he had heart stents put in three years ago come oct and we need to know if it his heart or just a bit of foodpoisoning
Posted Sat, 7 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Probably food poisoning.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic.
This is most likely to be food poisoning and will pass in 24 hours. However, if your husband develops chest pain, tightness in his chest or difficulty breathing then these are not signs of food poisoning and may be heart related. In this case, you would need to take him to the emergency department. In the meantime, he should rest as much as possible until he feels well again.
I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger,