After eating feels very heavy and feels like food is stuck in throat, better after burp. Suggest?

hi. after i eat my chest feels very heavy. also it feels like the food is stuck in my throat and chest. they only time i feel better is if i burp.
Posted Sun, 29 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are having symptoms of GERD

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you.

Your symptoms are suggestive of gastroesophageal reflux disease. This occurs when stomach contents reflux in to the foodpipe.

Medications like omeprazole and certain lifetsyle changes help to get relief.
Lifestyle changes include weight reduction if obese, avoiding alcohol, smoking, coffee, citrus, tomatoes, fatty food and bedtime snacks. Eat small frequent meals and go to bed 2-3 hours after food.

I hope that answers your question.
Let me know if I can assist your further.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini