After delivery suffering from headache everyday. How to get relief?

Hello Doctor

After baby delivery my wife is suffering from headache everyday please let me know what can be done to get relief
Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It will go on its own

Detailed Answer:

Headache post delivery is a common phenomenon. This happens due to hemodynamic changes that occur soon after delivery. The change in the blood volume is one amongst such changes. The changes will normalize in few days without causing any serious complications.

There is no need to worry. She may have to maintain good hydration to get rid of such headaches soon.

Taking pain killers would affect the baby as it can cause side effects in mother and some drugs to get secreted in milk.

Hope, I answered your query.