After delivery, pain in spinal cord. X- ray normal. Stopped prescribed medicine. Suggest diet and supplements?

Hello Doctor,
I have a pain in the lower part of the spinal cord from the time i have delivered my first child. i had a baby girl through normal delivery. My kid is 19 months old now. i still have that pain in the lower back. I have done xray for this and it was told everything is alright. i was prescribed some medicines and i stopped suing them since an would be really helpful if you can give me a diet list or the health supplements to get out of this pain.
Posted Fri, 17 May 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 4 hours later
thanks for the query.

Back pain after delivery is fairly common in women and most women with such back pain will present with back pain during pregnancy. In normal and most cases, the pains subside gradually lasting not more than three to four months; time for which it takes for hormones causing relaxation of ligaments to have been cleared off from the blood and for repair of damage tissues to have taken place. However persistence of such back pain for that longs warrants being addressed. The causes of back pain after delivery are diverse and include;
-Effects of hormone causing relaxation ligaments which could be associated with inflammation and joint misalignment, which can lead to lower back pain
-excessive strain on the tail bone during labour and delivery which may cause injury and even fracture although such fracture is allowed to heal on its own.

Several ways have been describe to help relieve back pain following delivering and they include;
-Sitting with your buttocks at the back of the chair and using your thighs to lift your body up rather than leaning forward.
-avoid or reduce weight gain down to your initial weight for people with normal BMI or further reduce weight for overweight and obese people.
-Do light exercises
-swap the arms for carrying the baby
-bend at your knees (not at your waist), tighten your stomach muscles, and lift with your leg muscles in order to pick a child up from the floor.
-Do not carry a child on your hip; this overloads the back muscles
-Taking omega-3 fatty acid supplements can help ease the pain because they act as a natural anti-inflammatory.
However, if the pain persists, it will be necessary to see a doctor for a detail evaluation and workups.

Hope this answers your query. If you have more query i will be ready to help.
Best regards and hope this helps you to have a speedy recovery.