After cesarean delivery, how many days the bleeding will continue?

OBGYN
Question
Hi
please let me know after delivery cesarean how many days the bleeding will continue?
This is 23 days that having bleeding after my delivery on 19th XXXXXXX 2013
Posted Wed, 7 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. S Patra 24 hours later
Hello XXXXX

Following caesarean delivery, some women experience vaginal bleeding or discharge for 4-6 weeks. It is called lochia in medical term and gradually decreases over the time with change in color from red or pink to white or yellow. It is quite normal until it is excessive in amount.

In addition, you need a follow-up visit to your health care provider or gynecologist after 4 weeks of delivery. Till then, you will take iron supplements, maintain genital hygiene, avoid heavy work and take adequate rest.

Hope, I have answered your query. Let me know if you need clarifications or have any other query.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr Soumen.