After I wee it hurts and some blood comes out

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2015
Mar 2015

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine
Question
After I wee it hurts and some blood comes out not a lot and after when I wipe had it before and it went and it’s come back again
Posted Sun, 26 Nov 2017 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Urinary infection or stone

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
The symptoms you have described are suggestive of either urinary tract infection or a urinary stone, likely to be in the urinary bladder.
You should get a urine examination and ultrasound of the kidney, ureter and bladder to confirm the diagnosis and get further treatment accordingly.
In the meantime, continue drinking plenty of water and cranberry juice.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN