Affected severely with cellulitis in leg. Which specialist should I consult?

My father has affected severely with cellulitis in his left leg. Please suggest to which specialist should I consult for the his treatment. Currently we are in chennai.TN
Posted Mon, 19 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 3 hours later
Hi friend
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Cellulitis is usually treated by General Surgeon.
Almost all cases may be managed by him.

Generally he can treat by himself. At times a physician reference is done - he will need blood count, blood sugar tests. Rarely, a dermatologist might have to see.

Chennai is a huge metropolis... If there is a surgeon (MS or DNB - General surgery) near you residence, go to him.
If your father has any other associated illness - like sugar, pressure and so on - admit him in any multi-speciality tertiary care hospital - nearby - for a few days - all under one roof and he will be taken care of.

Wishing him speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck