Affected by pneumonia and recovering. Remedies.

I have been affected by Pneumonia and just recovering, could you please suggest me remedies
Posted Sun, 2 Jun 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 6 hours later
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Pneumonia can be viral or bacterial. In rare cases fungal.

It is important to use a diet with adequate calories, XXXXXXX in proteins and macronutrients.
(1) In terms of ensuring enough calories: Make sure that you eat at least 5 times a day, this would be your 3 main meals and 2 snacks in between.Drink juices , milk or milkshakes that are high in calories. Use peanut butter, dressings, olive oil in your meals to increase their calorie value.This would ensure that you have enough calories during the day to allow your body to heal

(2)Proteins are needed to rebuild your body's tissue. They can be obtained from animal or plant sources.
Animal sources would be any meat, fish, egg, milk.
Plant sources would be nuts, seeds, beans, legumes, tofu

(3) consider the use of a multivitamin. You can also obtain vitamins and minerals from fruits and vegetables , ensure that you use at least 5 servings of fruits or vegetables a day.

(4) try to get as much rest as possible

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Follow-up: Affected by pneumonia and recovering. Remedies. 2 days later

Thank you so much for the detailed e-mail.

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 7 hours later
hI, you are welcome, feel free to contact if you have any other queries