Advised to take jasmin. Having spotting and some bleeding. Suggest the medication to stop periods?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
I am 46 years old & as i wanted to stop my period this month because i am travelling i was advised to take XXXXXXX which i started 11 days ago but i am having spotting some bleeding. I really need to Stop this as i am doing a spiritual trip in 2 days. Please Help!
Thank you
Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
ALL THE BEST.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
As long as you take the oral contraceptive pill, you should not bleed.
It is unfortunate that you have spotted while on it.
This indicates that you needed a different preparation with higher dosage of hormones.
Right now, you can try taking Progesterone preparations like Meprate ( 10 mg twice or thrice a day ) and continue taking it as long as you do not wish to menstruate.
Once you stop progesterone, you would bleed within a week maximum.
This is what I would prescribe for a patient who would come to me.
It is strongly recommended that you should consult your gynecologist, and then begin the medication on prescription.
There is no need to take XXXXXXX then.
However, first start Meprate, and then stop XXXXXXX after a day or two, to prevent induction of a withdrawal bleed.
All the best.
Please feel free to discuss further or ask for more clarifications.

Follow-up: Advised to take jasmin. Having spotting and some bleeding. Suggest the medication to stop periods? 1 hour later
Hello thank you for your answer can i take instead of Meprate norethisterone tablets 5mg and if yes how shoul i take it.
Thank you very much
Best regards
XXXX

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
DETAILED BELOW

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Yes, you can definitely take Norethisterone, twice a day for 3 days.
If the period stops, then continue it for as long as you do not wish the period to come ( maximum 10 - 15 days ).
On stopping, you will bleed within 7 days maximum.
Again, please take it on prescription of a gynecologist.

Follow-up: Advised to take jasmin. Having spotting and some bleeding. Suggest the medication to stop periods? 9 minutes later
Thank you, shall I stop taking XXXXXXX immédiately and take norithesterone or take norithesterone and after a day stop XXXXXXX ? Thank you very much for your help

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
DETAILED BELOW

Detailed Answer:
I already wrote that in my very first answer, probably you did not read it through.
Take Norethisterone , and after starting it for a day or two, then you stop XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Advised to take jasmin. Having spotting and some bleeding. Suggest the medication to stop periods? 1 minute later
Thank you very much

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
DETAILED BELOW

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for the appreciation.
Please feel free to contact me directly on my profile anytime you should require assistance -

WWW.WWWW.WW