Advised to take Methycobal. Took vitamin D3 and experiencing less painful hives. Avoid eating allergic food. What do you suggest?

Allergist and Immunologist

I've already consulted you here WWW.WWWW.WW
I've taken
B12 : Methycobal (500 mg) alternate day as suggested by local doc - Till day 4 dose

After first dose i didn't saw any improvement, but as i took my first Vitamin D3 (Uprise-D3- 60K) i experienced that my hive were coming quite slow and were less pain full, i was feeling good. V-D3 dose was suggested weekly (local doc too).

At present the situation is bit better than before but i'm still getting hives in 3 day slot, though i've started eating everything, but still i avoid to eat allergic food which i find suspicious.

Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Sujoy Khan 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Continue high dose antihistamines

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX,

Vit B12 oral medication is not that effective and 500mcg alternate day is not a good enough dose.
I would suggest Vit B12 1mg IM injections once weekly for a month, one monthly x 12 shots (1 year) then every 3 months for at least another year. Ideally if you have pernicious anaemia, then you need this 3-monthly for life.

UpriseD3 60k once weekly should be continued for at least 3 months (12 doses); then repeat 25OHD3 levels. If still borderline, total treatment duration is 1 year.

You still need to be on Fexofenadine and/or Levocetirizine once daily for the urticaria.
I hope the thyroid function and antibodies are negative.

Best Wishes.