Advised test for TSH, lipid panel, cbc and metabolism. Do I have STD?

I am supposed to have blood work done a TSH, 3rd gen a lipid panel a cbc and a comprehensive metabolic will these determine if I have an std such as herpes?
Posted Tue, 14 May 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 22 minutes later

Thanks for sharing your health concerns.

None of those tests would identify a herpes infection. The best test would be if there is a typical lesion (eg. a sore) to do a viral culture out of it, or a less ideal surrogate is to obtain Herpes antibody titers in blood; note that there are both Type 1 and Type 2 herpes; genital herpes is most commonly type 2.

Hope this helps with your query, wish you the best health.

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic Rochester MN