Ask a Dentist   »  

Advised surgery for teeth infection. Take Ketarol medicine for pain. How to get rid of this problem?

Dentist, Prosthodontics
Hi there, I am XXXXX from JLL-Global Hub. I am havinf an infection inside the teeth from quite a long time and I have consulted one of Dentist so he said I have to ubndego with a surgery. The pain develops sometimes when I drink/eat and when pain gets untolerable then I take Ketarol medicine. Please advice me the best way to get rid of this problem or if surgery can be avoided and problem can be cured from medication. Thank you in advance for your kind help. Regards, XXXXX
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Ramesh B. Hegde 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Madaan, Hi, after going through y Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Madaan, Hi, after going through your explanation I assume the tooth is indicated for root canal treatment, cap [crown] and apisectomy [cutting of the root end] or just removal of cyst. the infection inside the tooth can not be cured only with medication, medications are for symptomatic relief and etiologic factors have to be eliminated by the above mentioned treatment. I am not sure whether you need apisectomy / cyst removal. If you have IOPA x-ray / OPG x-ray it will convenient to interpret. If there is no cyst formation then only root canal treatment + cap will suffice. I hope this suggestion helps you, if you have anything to be clarified further I am happily available. with happy regards