Advised for gall bladder, hydrosil and prostrate gland enlargement surgery. Non or minimally invasive option like lasers available?

My 70 year old father has been advised to perform a surgery for gall bladder,hydrosil and prostrate gland enlargement .I wanted to know whether there is any non invasive/minimally invasive option like lasers/laproscopy for this surgery which will avoid normal open surgery
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later

Thanks for the query

You haven't told us what operation they are proposing and also the exact diagnosis. Please provide me with these details to answer your queries specifically.

In general,
1.     There are laser surgeries and laparoscopic surgeries for prostate issues. You can opt for either of the 2 procedure after discussing with your doctor. Laser option is of least blood loss and complications; but not many centers in India have them.
2.     Hydrocele by itself is a minimally invasive procedure; so you don't have to worry about that.
3.     Gallbladder issues can be either solved by laparoscopic surgeries and also by Endoscopic procedures (ERCP).

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any other queries let me know, I will be available to address them too. Please accept my answer if you do not have any further queries.

Wish you a speedy recovery.