Adviced clingen to be taken through vagina. Is there any alternate oral tablet?

Hi Mia, I have been advised Clingen Vag Suppository for 7 days. I havent used it till now, because i am extremely scared of the potential side effects like burning, irritation and am just scared. Isnt there something that i can take orally?

I would request and appreciate if Mia (OBGYN) would answer my query. Thanks.

Posted Sun, 17 Feb 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 7 hours later

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the query

Yes , you can take oral tablets containing fluconazole , azithromycin and tinidazole combinations.The kits are available in the market but should be taken under doctor's guidance.Other antibiotics like clindamycin , secnidazole can be added depending upon the severity and type of infection.It can be candida , trichomonas , mixed infection or bacterial vaginosis.The pH of vagina is to be maintained with vaginal wash.Always keep the area dry , avoid swim suits and wear cotton, loose undergarments.Always wipe from front to back so as to avoid anal contamination.Do not use perfumed shower gels and deo's.Regular use of probiotics avoids the recurrent infections.
Best wishes
Any further query is most welcome.