Ask a Homeopath   »  

Advice on yoga to reduce weight

Naturopathy & Yoga Specialist
Please tell me weight loss yoga aasanams
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Yoga
Answered by Dr. Sneha 2 days later

I understand that you would want to lose weight and you are considering yoga asanas for the same.

To get the fat in the body mobilized or to expect inch loss through Yoga, you can follow 'power yoga' which is also called as dynamic form of yoga.

You could begin with performing 12 XXXXXXX Namaskara (Type I or II or III) continuously with breath coordination. Gradually increase the count up to 50 per day.

Also you could practice Kapala-Bhati 100-120 times. This has to be done only when there is no case of high BP or other cardio vascular conditions.

It is important that you begin your practice under supervision of a trained instructor.

For effective weight loss it may be necessary to incorporate diet and lifestyle changes also.