Addicted to sexual chat. Feel erection is not enough. Trying to control the urge but not possible. What to do?

started sex chatting about 5 years ago just as fun, but now i m hooked to it. when ever i have my laptop and internet, irrespective of any important work i have academically or otherwise i just cant stop myself from loggin on to chat rooms and getting into perverted chats.Wastes a lot of time and i feel my real sexual life is being affected as i fele my erection is not adequate in real. i need help . I tried to control the urge but i dont succeed. i am a doctor myself pursuing my dnb.
I need to deaddict from this embarassing and time killing addiction.
Posted Fri, 2 Aug 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 25 hours later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Important aspects of your query are:
•     28 year old medico male
•     Complaints of: excessive sexual chat and wastage of time.

Your problem can be due to:
-Habitual addiction to sexual chat
-Obsessive sexual urges leading to sexual chat: which need to rule out by detailed examination.

You case is interesting and but difficult too. I will try to give my best effort to help you in this problem.

In any type of De-addiction following things are essential:
-Very good motivation: As only your efforts will stop it. Others role is to show way to you.
-Stickiness with treatment plan even if there is some slip
-Tolerance to discomfort

Irrespective of cause following steps will help you:
-Inform your close friend or partner regarding sexual chat addiction. Your focus should be stop any form of chat on net.
-Involve them in treatment implementation in form of supervision by them. Inform them about your plan to stop any form of chatting.
-Un-install any chat software on your PC. Log-out from gmail, yahoo or facebook chat.
-Stopped using internet on your PC/Laptop and get it disconnected. Try to finish your online work in hospital computer only.
-It is also better to stop unsupervised internet use.
-Write hours of chat on calender daily, so that others can also see it. It will also provide you feedback for progress.
-Follow these advices strictly

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.
Follow-up: Addicted to sexual chat. Feel erection is not enough. Trying to control the urge but not possible. What to do? 33 minutes later
Ok. I will try my best to follow these steps. Thanks sir. And can this kins of addiction lead to impotence in real life?? I have faced such problems a few times.
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 9 hours later
Hello again,
Thanks for follow up.

Do not worry, this problem do not lead to impotence. But it can lead to transient erectile dysfunction due to guilt and stress.

So, follow above sincerely and you will get well soon.

Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.

Wish you good health.
Follow-up: Addicted to sexual chat. Feel erection is not enough. Trying to control the urge but not possible. What to do? 24 minutes later
Thank you very much doc... that is a relief. And yes lot of guilt and stress. I will follow what you have recommended .
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 34 minutes later
You are Welcome.