Addicted to masturbation. Feeling restless and have poor memory. Should I take any herbal medicine?

Doctor I am over masturbating from several years and now I am unable to focus on my studies and feel restless and also my memory power has gone down . please help . Should I take any Herbal medicine
Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 24 minutes later
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Some people have many wrong ideas about masturbation - that it causes ill effects on health like nervous weakness, depression, poor memory, loss of precious nutrients, reduced energy, etc or sexual problems like impotence in the future and small penis size. All this is not true and these are just myths and misconceptions originated due to quacks advertisements on road sides and non scientific magazines.

If masturbation is associated with guilt of masturbation then it can lead to depression. So, do not feel guilty after masturbation and enjoy it fully.

Masturbation is not harmful for health and more than 80% man and woman masturbate in some point of the time. In present situation if you are not masturbating more than 3-4 times per week than there is no problem. If you are masturbating more even then it is not harmful but it is better to decrease the frequency of it.

Even past history of excessive masturbating does not affect patient condition, but if you have guilt then it can increase your worry and anxiety.

For depression and memory problem, following simple measures will help you:
-Decrease worrying by keeping yourself busy and distracted from worrisome thoughts by talking to family members or watching T.V. or counting back (100 to 0).
-Healthy diet: Milk and fruits in diet.
-Daily morning walk
-Breathing exercise, yoga and meditation (which you can learn from some expert in person)

Depression is also a reason for poor memory. If your depression persist even after 1 month of practicing above advice, then you can take help of professionals like psychiatrist.

Final message: do not worry and enjoy masturbation whenever you do it without any guilt.

Wish you good health.