Addicted to desserts. Getting unexplained bruise on hands and arms. Is this due to sugar?

I have had unexplainable bruising on my hands and arms for several years. I have tried everything to find the cause. I'm sure there is a cause but I can't find it. The bruises come and go. I am addicited to desserts such as ice cream. That's a possiblity. Can this be caused by SUGAR? Today 2 of the bruises on my arm actually bled. I hope you have some suggestions as to the possible causes. Thank you..
Posted Mon, 27 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 39 minutes later
Dear friend, welcome to Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

Bruising of the skin at your age is possible just due to the fragility of the skin and is harmless.
Next common cause is aspirin or blood thinner related bleed and which you are not on.
Have you ever got checked for bleeding/ clotting disorders?
Do you bleed more on any cuts/ trauma or deeper in the muscle etc?

I am not aware sugar related bruising. Have you ruled out any diseases like diabetes by labs?

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily. I would be glad to answer any further queries. Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck!
Follow-up: Addicted to desserts. Getting unexplained bruise on hands and arms. Is this due to sugar? 15 hours later
I wouldn't be surprised at pre diabetic because I am addicited to sweets. I'm going to try giving up ice cream etc.
Thanks for you answer
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 29 hours later

Thanks for getting back.

Yes, you need to get our sugar levels checked. Once in while, you can enjoy your addiction to ice creams. There is no harm in it.

Wish you good health!!