Addicted to anal masturbation. What are the risk of getting HIV?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Hi doc I am a 29 yrs aged boy and since the age of 14 years i have been masturbating regularly . Also at the age of 16 years i started stimulating my anus with my fingers as it increased my pleasure .Slowly as years passed i used to stimulate my anus using variety of objects like pens,pencils and fruits bought from market like carrots and bananas.
I would push these things halfway inside my anus and then masturbate. Sometimes I used to push in quite a few grapes fully in my rectum and then masturbate. Even now i continue with these weird habits as I am not yet married and also dont have a girlfriend. I have lately started feeling that i am at risk of hiv because i heard that anal sex causes hiv. I have not washed these items say pencils and fruits even with water before using them .
My anxiety is now kiling me and i feel that i have put myself at risk of hiv ??? Do i need testing please help

Posted Sun, 28 Apr 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 6 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

HIV is caused by a delicate virus which can not live outside human body or body fluids.
The same will not spread through inanimate objects like pencils, pen and vegetables unless these objects were shared by another HIV positive individual at the same time. This also could have a very remote possibility. Anal sex is at risk only in the presence of virus with the other sex partner or with the objects in your case.

When you are using these objects without washing, you can not get HIV, but other bacterial infections with staphylococci and other contaminants can occur.
So HIV test not indicated for you. Don't worry about the same.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Addicted to anal masturbation. What are the risk of getting HIV? 34 hours later
Thanks Doc ,

I have one more doubt.

I usually pinch my nipples and twist them at night while masturbating ,sometimes i pinch them very very hard and twist them . Is this normal or ok to do as a boy ????

Also i feel guilty about pleasuring my anus with objects and vegetables as i think a normal straight boy won't do it . Does this habit make me abnormal as a boy ???

And why do i keep feeling fear about hiv infection due to these habits ??

Plz help
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 15 hours later
Welcome back.

Everybody has different liking or disliking. Similarly in sexual interest also. There is nothing like you are abnormal.
Any act of Masturbation is totally free from risk of HIV.
Teasing nipples may lead to ulceration and eczematization.
So try to avoid the same.
Don't have any guilty complex.
There are more delightful experiences are with a girl's body. If you relish the same you will be get away from your anal masturbation habit. Just try for the same.
Wish you a happy experience.
Dr S.Murugan
Follow-up: Addicted to anal masturbation. What are the risk of getting HIV? 11 days later

I am planning to marry in a year and my family has also started looking for a girl .

Do you really think that I don't need an HIV test and that I can go ahead and marry because I dont want to spoil a girl's life ...??

I am sorry if I am bothering you by asking the same questions again .

Rgds ,
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Welcome back.
You need not worry and can get married.You will not get HIV through your masturbating habits.
You will not spoil any girl's life.
Wish you a very happy married life.
Dear Sir,

I request your help for just one more time .

While masturbating I often press and fondle my glans, I even press my finger lightly on my penis tip and tickle it on the inside (urethral lining)to get pleasure .

Is there any hiv infection risk from this ??

please help one last time

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 3 hours later
Welcome back.

There is no chance for HIV transmission through Masturbation. Pressing and fondling of glans is common during Masturbation.

Moreover any type of sexual act of an individual without involvement of another individual, the chances of HIV transmission is negligible.
Tickling of urethral lining is not a risk for HIV, but urethitis due to bacteria can be a complication. So avoid handling the inner surface of urethra.
Otherwise there is nothing to worry

Dr S.Murugan