Addicted to alcohol, gutka and cigarettes. Have high BP. Done Homocysteine level test, ECG. Taking Bantop. How can I overcome anxiety?

i am 31 years old addicted to alcohol,gutka & ciggrates however i have lessen the intake of the alcohol,stopped smoking & eating lesser tobacco since last 10 months as i am suffering from high BP. My HOMOCYSTENE LEVEL TEST comes above 50. i have undergone ECG,ECHO,TMT,BLOOD TEST,NCV test,THYROID TEST,KIDNEY & LIVER TEST,BRAIN ANGIOGRAPHY ETC all are normal reports.
right now i am taking BANTOP D,LODOZ 5,LONAZEP 0.25,LINAC Z & FRANXIT in the morning & BASIKOB G XXXXXXX CR 37.5,FRANXIT & LONAZEP 0.5 in the night. But always i caught thinking negative that i will die through heart attack or stroke & feels anxiety,dizziness & tensed regarding my health pls suggest how i can overcome from these symptons as it ios affecting my married & professional life.

Is i am suffering from some big disease i am in habit to visit to my doctor twice a week but my BP comes normal & he always say that you are alright....but i think whether i will live too long or not i take now 3 pegs whisky daily or one beer the same i have told to my doctor also he suggested to quit slowly all the times i feel that my heart beats faster or there is pain but ecg always come normal i always keep thinking that i will die soon through heart attack or will caught with a paralytic stroke or some major chronic disease please help me out doctor.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 27 hours later

I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Cardiology, working with an experienced Cardiologist. I would take this opportunity to answer on his behalf. As soon as a cardiologist is available, we would be getting your query answered by a cardiologist and would be posting it in your account.

The tests that you have undergone are pretty much advanced and would surely predict and detect any risk factors involved in development of a heart disease. As they are normal, I do not think you need to be worried at this time.

As far as your homocysteine levels are concerned, they are in the normal range.

I would however like to put forth that in my opinion, you have excessive anxiety about falling ill. This is called a hypochondriac disorder. Since you are already receiving anti-anxiety medication, I would suggest that you speak with a counsellor and psychiatrist again. This will allow them to modify your therapy and start counselling which is essential for the treatment of this condition. However, this may take some time to resolve.

Practicing relaxation exercises like meditation, pranayama and yoga under a trained professional will surely help you get rid of this problem naturally.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.