Addicted to Alcohol and cannot sleep without drinking and gets hypertensive. How to overcome this?

My dad has became addicted to Alcool and he became very abusive lately. I spoke to him number of times but he says he can not sleep without drinking, he gets hypertension issues as well when does not drink. How should I handle the situation, I am confident I can tell him to visit some doctor. But which doctor, what kind of treatment, which specialist should I visit. is it safe? Please guide me....
Posted Mon, 28 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 hours later
Brief Answer: XXXXXXX medicine specialist

Detailed Answer:

First I would recommend a visit to a XXXXXXX medicine specialist to assess his Hypertension status and rule out cardiac risk.

To help him in quitting the habit you may have to admit him in a de-addiction centre under a addiction medicine specialist.

Follow-up: Addicted to Alcohol and cannot sleep without drinking and gets hypertensive. How to overcome this? 5 hours later
You are referring to de additction specialist, is it psycahtrist or some other specialist...because there are so many doctors who claim de addiction treatment but have deifferent speciality...can you please help me to suggest which specialist will be suitable for mu dad's case..Thank You
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 40 hours later
Brief Answer:
Deaddiction specialist

Detailed Answer:

Sorry for late reply.

Yes, you are right as doctor of many specialties work as deaddiction specialists too.I suggest you to take your fat her to a deaddiction center where in well trained or experienced specialist would be available.