Adams apple gets stuck, have to put it in place. How can I treat this?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My XXXXXXX XXXXXXX gets stuck on something occasionally and I have to put it back into place
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 29 minutes later

The problem of occasional sticking of Adam's XXXXXXX might be due to thyroid cartilage rubbing against the vertebrae. This is more commonly seen in persons with a thin long neck. This is just an anatomical variation and is not suggestive of any pathology. It might go away on its own or persist.

You can consult an ENT specialist to confirm this and to rule out any possible thyroid nodules responsible for such symptoms.

I hope this answers your query effectively. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Praveen Tayal.