Acute leptrospirosis. Have chronic post-treatment symptoms; vertigo, fatigue, headaches, night sweats. Who can help?

we are seeking a doctor that specializes in acute leptrospirosis with PHL. Can you please research and find a infectious disease doctor or specialist that has extensive experience treating patients with acute lepto. with chronic post-treatment symptoms; vertigo, fatigue, severe headaches constant, night sweats.
Our local physicians are chalking this up to cluster headaches, even though the patient has a confirmed **pos lepto test. We need a consult with someone that has experience treating patients with PHL; persistent lepto symptoms, even though the CSF is not reflecting anymore signs of **pos lepto. His recent MRI shows signs of lesions and white matter, but the patient (my husband) has had no successful treatment, nor has met with anyone that has ever dealt with PHL symptoms. We need help finding someone with experience dealing with this type of infection.
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 11 hours later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Leptospirosis is quite common in some regions of the tropics, so I have many specialists I could refer here in India. But, as you are in XXXXXXX XXXXXXX CA - I seem to have found these Infectious Disease specialists for now:
Cherry Street Medical Group
500 Doyle Park Dr Ste 200 XXXXXXX XXXXXXX CA 0000
(707) 575-4000
Cardiology Associates
1144 Sonoma Ave Ste 121 XXXXXXX XXXXXXX CA 0000
(707) 570-3651

Else the best bet would be University of California San Diego's Division of Infectious Diseases.

I am not sure of their individual competencies, but would like to tell you Leptospirosis would be treated with broad spectrum antibiotics, and symptomatically attended to, making it very well treatable in time.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla,
Consultant Physician.