Acute irritable bowel syndrome,food poisoning, frequent bowel movement, fullness in belly, hemoglobin, pain in body and bones,sigmoidoscopy,colonoscopy,blood analysis normal

My name is XXXXXXX i am 29 yrs old.height:5'9" and weight 55 kgs. from kashmir,india.
I have been suffering from accute IBS since 11 years.It has completed affected my life. It all started on my sisters wedding party in 1999 where all of our family members got sick due to pood poisoning.All were later well except me.
Normally i go to the loo in the morning after taking tea,however complete evacuation never takes place.A little later i need to go loo again but still comes out after incomplete evacuation.this continues 3-4 times day and i never satisfy.I feel fullness in my belly and i remain so damn tense abt it whole day.I am not able to drive and go distances where a loo isnt available.I did all necesarry tests like sigmoidoscopy,colonoscopy,USG and complete blood analysis.But everything was fine,execpt my Hb which has come down to 9 from 14.4 since 2 years.I feel pain all throughout my body and bones.I always feel tired.Please help for God's sake.
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in IBS(Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 6 hours later

Thanks for your query,

The weakness you have could be attributed to the low Hb content in the blood,
I would suggest you to take oral iron preparations which will treat the problem .Also do consume iron XXXXXXX foods like red meat, poultry, lentils, beans, leaf vegetables, tofu, chickpeas, black-eyed peas, fortified bread, and fortified breakfast cereals.

If the IBS you have is causing only constipation then i do not consider it to be serious , I do agree that its tough time experiencing the same.Continue taking fiber supplements like IGOL, take two spoons preferably in milk in the night times.Since IGOL is not showing any good results i would ask you to add it with
Cap Dobesil or Doxium 500 once every night .This will relieve you off the symptom.

Also be selective in foods.Avoid hard and spicy foods.Do consume food at regular timings.Avoid eating frequent small meals.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.