Acute abdominal pain. What could be the reason?

Hi my son 15 years has just started complaining of very accute abdominal pain centred on the left side just in from the hip. There seemed to be nothing preceding this, he was eating a sandwhich. He cannot move his left leg without severe pain. He is now lying in bed on his right side, is reasonably comfortable but has pain on breathing.. No fall or other injury noted. No other symptoms apparent
Posted Tue, 10 Sep 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs examination by a Doctor personally

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

He needs to be examined personally by a doctor. The pain could be due to intra-abdominal cause or musculoskeltal pain. However possibility of musculoskeltal appears to be more as he is unable to move his left leg without severe pain and also unable to lie on his left side. Since he is having severe pain I will advise you to give him some oral analgesic like naproxen and local application of analgesic cream . However pain is not relieved take him to ER.

I hope I have answered your query and this will help your son. Remain in touch and get-well soon.