Acquired concussion. Still have nausea, head pain and bad cough. All normal?

I acquired a grade 3 concussion on March 3....still have nausea and head hurts so much when I cough. Is this normal?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
After a concussion, headache is common specially when there is raised intracranial tension due to coughing. Mild nausea is also indicative of a raised intracranial tension.
You need to self monitor yourself for any deterioration in the symptoms like unconsciousness, severe headache, blurred vision, bleeding from eyes, nose or ears, vomiting, etc in which case you need to rush to ER immediately.
Meanwhile you can do a hot compress in the area of injury and take a mild pain killer like acetaminophen or ibuprofen for relief.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.