Acne problem. Accutane and doxycline is not helping. Suggest treatment

I am 64 years old and have taken accutane once before. I continue having acne and its getting worse. I am using a wipe that I got at the dermatolgist and doxycline. It is not helping. Is this safe to try at my age. I was about 47 when I took it before and this is a new dermatogist.
Posted Fri, 1 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Firstly it has to be confirmed if its acne

Detailed Answer:
Firstly it has to be seen whether the lesions you are having is acne or not. Acne beyond the age of sixty is not commonly seen.
Other possibilities could be rosacea, seborrheic dermatitis or acne agminata.
If it is acne doxycycline and accutane should help. Even if its rosacea these too should help. Seborrheic dermatitis and acne agminata too should respond to accutane.
Please consult a qualified dermatologist to get these differentials ruled out.
If at all its acne, use of doxycycline orally along with application of benzoyl peroxide gel and adapalene gel should help.

doxycycline or the medicated wipes won't harm you. I would appreciate if you could attach an image of your concerned lesions as it would help me in thinking about a possible diagnosis and helping you further.

Hope this helped.