Acne on forehead. How can height be increased?

Question
I never had acne before, but lately i been having alot on my forehead. Does that mean iam still in puberty and do i still have time to grow taller because iam only 168cm? How can i increase my height? I lift weights Too, does it effect height?
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Exercise

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 20 hours later
Dear Heshamelleithy,
Thanks for writing in. Normally growth ceases within 3 years after secondary sexual charcteristics appear -that is roughly 3 years after you have entered your puberty. At the age of 19 years epiphyses of limb bones would have completely fused and no more height gain is possible. But 1-2 cms increment in height is possible because of increase in height of our back bones, but that's not much dependent of exercise and diet. You can try stretches, hanging exercises and swimming - may be they can make some difference. Lifting wieghts wont have much effect on height.
Your acne is due to combination of factors - it doesn't mean you are still in puberty.Even adults can have acne acne can occur in adults even if theydidnt have them during their puberty.
I hope I have answered your queries. If you any please dont hesitate to clarify.