Acne on face, foul odor, pustules, rashes on penis base, skin flaking, itchy anus

Dermatologist
Question
I have acne-like breakout on face several areas, non healing crusting surface foul odor , multiple pustuiles per area. Also very itchy. Also rash on base of penis that itches and sloughs skin flakes. Also very itchy anus. No fever, but headache.52 years old. Same sex partner for 10 years. Are these problems related?
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 7 hours later
Hi! XXXXXXX
The history you have given is not sufficient to come to a exact diagnosis.I would like to know following points :
1) Does your lesions on face also itchy.
2) Do you have pustules on the face too.
3) How long you have been having all this problem.
4) Does any body else in the family have the same problem.
5) Is itching more in night or is it through out the day.
6) Are you a diabetic.
7) kindly elaborate more on the type of lesions you have.

At this stage all your problem does not seems to be related .Probably you have two different things.
Management at this stage would be only symptomatic like you can take antibiotic like azithromycin for infection on face,and any anti histaminics for itching.Probably you have fungal infection over and near penis and anus,since you said it is flaky.Antifungal cream would help you there.There is a simple test to diagnose a fungal infection and that is KOH mount for fungus taken from flakes near penis.This can be done by any dermatologist in his clinic.

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.
regards,
Dr.Bharat Chawda