Acne, black spots. Used clearisil. How can the problem be solved?

im a 21 yr old black guy and i have acne that keeps on coming when i use the clearisil or other products they make the acne go away for a lil bit but leaves black spots on my face and the acne returns plus when i shave my chin and face break out like crazy what can i get to make my skin clearer and razor bups gone and i cant stop shaving since im in the millitary and i have to.. dermatologists help needed..
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 13 hours later
Acne is a chronic problem and keeps keep coming if treatment is not taken properly.
Face wash and other over the counter treatment is not a permanent solution and not going to help you anymore.
Also the bumps experiences during shaving might be Pseudofolliculitis which happens due to ingrown hairs esp. in beard areas.
A course of topical and oral antibiotic with Isotretinoin under strict dermatological guidance is a must in such cases. This treatment usually lasts from 3 to 6 months.
Also I suggest to avoid other creams, lotions and oils as they might precipitate things than good.

If you have further queries please clarify with me.

Dr. Rohit Batra.