Ache in the pelvic area. Awaited CT scan. Can miscarriage cause pelvic pain, can PCOS be seen in the scan?

can a miscarriage cause pelvic pain...i recently suffered one in feb and now 2 weeks out of the month ( period and ovulation) i have a dull ache on my left pelvic area.
it is similar to what i get on the day of my OV (Mittelschmerz) (usually it used to last 2 mins) now it lasts days and days...not all day but a few dull aches through the day for about 3 weeks out of the month.

i went to doctor and he said the ultrasound came back good and he doesnt feel anything with the pelvic exam and rectal exam. he want me to go for a ct scan of my abdominal and pelvic area. can he see if i have pid or pcos with a ct scan?
Posted Sun, 1 Jul 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 15 hours later
PCOS is easily seen at TVS(Transvaginal ultrasound) and there is no reason to do a CT scan for the same.PID is more of a clinical exam.Severe PID can have features like tubo-ovarian masses ans large amount of Free fluid in pelvis.IT can only be diagnosed with 100% surity by laproscopy.
You should try a small course of antibiotics before going in for nay further teests.
MRI is the best investigation for pelvis far superior to CT and is best reserved to diagnose malignancies or to confirm doubts raised at ultrasound.