Accumulation on penis skin folds, flaking, no discharge. Have I contracted STD?

I had safe sex with a woman and since then i have accumulation on penis skin folds. It seems the skin is flaking away. No discharge from the penis though. It is not smelly. It is like 'deposited' under the glans. please advise medication. Have i contracted STD
Height : 5.6Ft, Weight 95Kg, Generally good health besides aggravated sinus infection
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 1 hour later

Your History advocates you have Balanitis which is swelling of the foreskin and head of the penis. It is usually caused by poor hygiene in uncircumcised men, the other causes include, infection, using of hard soaps, not rinsing the soap off your glans after bathing. Kindly don't panic as it is not a STD (Sexually Transmitted disease).

In view of the fact that you are obese, I would recommend you to get your Blood Sugar level tested as uncontrolled blood sugar levels can also cause this. Kindly get yourself examined by a skin biopsy to substantiate his clinical findings.

Once confirmed you might want to take antibiotics and apply topical antiseptic creams. In worst cases, circumcision is the best option. If you cannot pull back the foreskin to clean it, you may want to get circumcised. Maintain good hygiene and don't forget to swipe the soap deposits off the glans after bathing. Change your innerwear regularly.

Hope this answers your query, Please accept my answer if you have no follow-up queries.

Good Luck.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.