Accidently took two paracetamol. Any complication?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I accidently gav my son 2 paracetamol instead of 1, what should I do? He is 9 and 54kg,
Posted Sun, 10 Mar 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 9 minutes later
Taking two paracetamol tablets instead of one is not going to cause any harm to your son. Paracetamol is a mild analgesic and antipyretic. A double dose is clinically recommended in high grade persistent fever. So, please do not worry. This will not cause any harm to him.
I will again stress that there should be no major cause for worry.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.