Accidently ingested karvol drops instead of vitamin D. Is there any risks?

Our 2 boys just ingested Karvol drops instead of vitamin D. My 2 yr old is fine and he threw up, i am worried about my 1 month old.
Posted Sun, 28 Oct 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 1 hour later

Karvol caps contain menthol and other ingredients which are non poisonous. I do not think your baby will have any serious issues.

Please give him extra fluid. Observe his activeness and consciousness. If he appears less active / drowsy, he needs to see the doctor at the earliest.

In simple words, though the baby will be ok, it would be ideal if you take the baby to ER for a day's observation.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have other enquiries.

Kindest regards
Dr. S.K.Mukherjee