Accidentally used gaiakids sniffle support in ear. Any effect on child's ear?

Hello, I accidentally used Gaiakids Sniffle Support in my 14 month olds ear instead of ear oil. The Sniffle support has Black Elder berries and flowers, fenugreek seed, thyme leaf, anise seed and glycerin. She is a healthy toddler and is at the tail end of an ear infection. She did not take antibiotics, just the ear oil. Her ears were not ruptured. I want to make sure that htis will not harm her ears.
Posted Fri, 26 Oct 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Gaia Kids is a herbal product and its side effect profile is not studied. But it is said that it has got supportive action to the Eye, Ear, Nose, Throat. It is less likely to be harmful to your child.

Ear infection is very common in children, i advice you to consult the ENT specialist for thorough examination and diagnosis as it is difficult to say without examination. If after examination if doctor feels there is need of antibiotic, kindly take the complete course. It is better to treat in the early stages of the ear infection.

Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.