Accidentally took overdose of Amoxicillin, nausea. Is it serious?

Hi I am 31 years old, 5"8, 145 lbs, no serious medical history other than acid reflux and some allergies to dust and pollen etc. and I accidently took 2 500mg pills of Amoxicilin within a 3 hour time frame but I had a lot of food today. I feel slightly nautious but thats about it. Is it serious?
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Radhika 29 minutes later

Even though you have taken the tablet within 3 hrs frame it won’t make much of a difference, just take the next dosage 3 to 4 hrs later than the actual time.

You may develop little acidity, otherwise you will be fine. Drink lots of fluids, eat food regularly and take the pantoprazole prescribed to you before food. There won’t be any other side effects, be assured about that.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries.

Wish you good health and speedy recovery.