Accidentally took kombiglyze XR and glimepiride. Any complication?

I accidentally took my husbands medication (it was late and i grabbed the wrong pill container) So i took 2 pills of Kombiglyze XR 2.5/1MG and 1pill of Glimepiride 2MG. Is there anything i should worry about with this accident?
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 13 minutes later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Go to the ER...
There could be a real danger of your blood sugar level falling to XXXXXXX levels.
You need observation for at least the next 24 hours - preferably in the hospital setting / glucose should be monitored frequently.../ Confusion, sweating, fast heart rate are all warning signs...
Eat as much as possible / as often as possible for one day...
Rarely, allergy / pancreatitis have been reported...

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Follow-up: Accidentally took kombiglyze XR and glimepiride. Any complication? 3 minutes later
If i'm not experiencing any of those symptoms do you believe I still need the ER, or could i monitor myself and go to the ER only if symptoms arise?
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 8 minutes later
It takes time for symptoms to manifest.../ about half an hour to start, a few hours to peak / several hours to be washed off.

You can not monitor yourself - say mental confusion from low sugar.../
You need an alert attendant / quick transport and so on...

ER is safer and better / they may even try stomach wash to get it out, if recent...