Accidentally took atenolol with water pill. What to do?

Accidentally I took 2 atenolols 100 plus 25 water pill ... Am scared. What to do?
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Atenolol Detailed Answer: Hello, Delighted to be able to help. The drug that you refer has two components, atenolol and chlorthalidone. Chlorthalidone decreases blood pressure because it is diuretic. Atenolol decreases the heart rate and blood pressure. Though I am not concerned right now, but if the decrease in heart rate is below 50 and you have symptoms such as dizziness, weakness, sweating you should go to an Emergency Service. I hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.If you do not have any clarifications, please don’t forget to evaluate my answer.I wish you good health