Accidentally took 120 mg of micardis at one time. What can be done?

I accidently took 120 mg of micardis at one time what should I do
Posted Sun, 7 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 56 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

The first thing that you should do is to try to induce vomiting so that any drug which has not been absorbed can be vomited out.

High dose of temisartan (the active salt) can cause either fast or slow heart beat, low blood pressure and increased potassium level in the blood. If it has been some time that you have taken then the best course will be to report to your doctor who may admit you for keeping you under observation and acting as and when the situation warrants.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts.

Wishing you all the best.

Rajiv K Khandelwal