Accidentally swallowed a mouthful of bath oil. What should I do?

I am an adult who accidentally swallowed a mouthful of bath oil. My esophagus feels a little like it's burning but no other symptoms.
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: the effects should be mild and temporary Detailed Answer: HI, thanks for using healthcare magic The components of bath oils can vary from one product to the next and as a result the potential complications. Most may contain mineral oil, the acute toxicity of this product is low in most persons. If taken in excess then it can cause burning, abdominal pain or vomiting. If you can attach the ingredient list either by scanning and attaching it or simply writing it out, then I can determine which ingredients may be harmful for you. In general it is best not to induce any vomiting because some of the vomitus may enter into the lungs and cause inflammation. You should also drink copious amount of water. Today you should avoid the use of spicy/fried/ fatty/acidic food that may be associated with reflux , simply because the acid may cause further inflammation. Use soft foods today, soups, nothing harsh or hard. I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions