Accidentally stuck a q tip in ear. Should I go to ER?

ENT Specialist
I accidentally stuck a q tip too deep in my ear. Do I need to go to the emergency room
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Do visit ER if any hearing loss or bleeding Detailed Answer: Hi, it depends upon the depth to which you have entered the tip in ear. If there is lot of pain, associated bleeding and some amount of hearing loss, do visit the ER as some minor intervention will help in closing the any inadvertent perforation you may have caused with the bud. If no associated symptoms, then, you can visit the ENT in the morning. Meanwhile please keep ear dry and do not put any ear drops, take an analgesic if there is pain still. regards