Accidentally put dettol in eye. Having red and swollen eye. What should I do?

Hi, I got dettol in my eye two nights ago. The is very red a little swollen. There is no pain and I have perfect vision with it but the redness and swelling has not gone down over the past day and a half. What should I do?
Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 28 minutes later
Redness of the eyes seems to be due to chemical irritation of mucous membranes of eyes and is not XXXXXXX provided there is no damage to the cornea of eyes.
Although there is no problem with your vision which is a very good sign,but you still need a check up of our eyes by an ophthalmologist to rule out any damage of cornea.
Till you consult the eye doctor,splash your eyes regularly with cold water every 4 hours.
You may even apply ice cubes on your eyes,three to four times a day.
Try to consult an eye doctor as early as possible.

I hope it helps. Do let me know if you have any more questions
Best of luck.