Accidentally mixed toilet cleaner and floor cleaner with bleach. Started coughing. What should I do?

i accidentally mixed toilet cleaner and floor cleaner with bleach, which gave a strong odor, now i cant stop coughing, what should i do
Posted Sun, 14 Oct 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 38 minutes later
Welcome to HCM!
Thanks for posting your query. I am happy to address your questions. Sometimes the respiratory passage simply gets very sensitive to particles in the air. It's not exactly an allergic reaction, it's more like a tickle and irritation by the smell that you are breathing in and eliminating it is important. You could dilute the smell with water. Repeated rinsing off the item or surface with water, the more rinsing, the more that the bleach odor goes away. Vinegar is another natural way you can get rid of the odor of bleach. Just wipe a small amount of vinegar over the area and the bleach smell should virtually disappear. Also using natural lemon will weaken the bleach and get rid of the smell. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be happy to help. Thanks
Follow-up: Accidentally mixed toilet cleaner and floor cleaner with bleach. Started coughing. What should I do? 13 minutes later
I cant believe this answer, you a doctor for sure? you have not answered about my coughing am i supposed do this with my throat or the floor??? you have given me a reply to get rid of odor of the floor, which i have already done.

Instead of giving a solution to my coughing due to the odor you are speaking of everything else.
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 26 minutes later
Thanks for your kind response, yes, was wanting you to get rid of the stimulus or the causative factor first. With regards to your could you could take gelusil or digene syrup three times a day to subside the irritation which could be local and should subside in 2-3 days. If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you. Wish you a great health!