Accidentally hit the front right of head near eye. Should I be worried about head injury?

I accidentally hit the front right of my head near my eye against my door as I was going into my room. I am worroied about a head injury. What should I look for.
Posted Wed, 15 Aug 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 54 minutes later

Thanks for the question.

Ideally any such injury should undergo clinical evaluation and investigated by Computed Tomography (CT) scan if needed.

You should watch for symptoms like headache, dizziness, ringing sensation in the ear, scalp swelling, bleeding through nose / mouth / ear, drowsiness or disorientation, etc. If there are no symptoms after 24 hours, then generally it is safe to say there has not been any significant injury.

Hope this answers your question. I will be available to answer any other concerns which you might have.