Accidentally hit arm very hard near the wrist, still hurts. Can I have bruised it?

I accidently hit my arm very hard near the wrist, on top, about a month ago and it still hurts. Can I have bruised it?
I meant to say, could I have bruised the vein? There is no visible bruise or swelling but the vein seems to be what is aching.
Posted Tue, 21 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Andy Fine 27 minutes later
Yes my friend, likely the pain is bruised and has some low-grade inflammation going on causing some pain and residual low-grade swelling. Usually this is nothing to worry about and will resolve with anti-inflammatory such as ibuprofen and with time. It is not a concern and unlikely to be a blood clot or a fracture if you can move it and it is not significantly swollen. Hope this helps.