Accidentally had hyaluronic acid injectable during pregnancy. Is the baby in danger?

Hi, I accidentally had hyaluronic acid injectable while 3 or so weeks pregnant. creme anesthetic used. i didnt know i was pregnant as i use birth control. is my baby in danger? thank you. XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 24 Jun 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 19 minutes later

I can understand your concern. Hyaluronic acid is possibly thought to be safe when given by injection during pregnancy but not much is known about the effect of injectible hyaluronic acid on the fetus as animal reproduction studies have not been performed to determine if it could produce fetal harm.

I would suggest you to get regular ultrasounds done as and when suggested by your gynecologist to look for fetal well being. Hopefully everything should come out well and no harm should be done to the fetus.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up query.