Accidentally had a baked pan of cinnamon rolls with plastic wrap. Should I seek medical attention?

Oct 2013

I accidentally baked a pan of cinnamon rolls with the plastic wrap still on them. We have been eating them for 3 days, and in cleaning the pan, I discovered that what I thought was just hardened butter and sugar was in fact plastic wrap. My family including my three year old has been eating these for three days. Additionally, I may be pregnant. Should I contact our doctors?
Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Namala Bharadwaj 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry at such low dose.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX.
Thanks for your query at XXXXXXX
I understand your concern.

There is no need to worry.
Plastic is made up of hydrocarbons, consumptions at low doses will not cause any side effects. Plastic that is generally used in food packaging will be of good quality.

As far pregnancy concerned Bisphenol-A compound in plastic can effect baby growth and cause prematurity but when they are consumed in very large quantity but not at low quantity.

If you are pregnant follow up baby growth with serial ultrasound.

Hope I answered your query.
Any further information you can ask me in follow up query.
Direct question at
WWW.WWWW.WW Regards.
Follow-up: Accidentally had a baked pan of cinnamon rolls with plastic wrap. Should I seek medical attention? 17 hours later
Thank you!
My biggest concern is for my 3-year-old. Is there any increased concern with her consuming this food having such a little body in coarison to an adult and any ingestion of it or leaching from the Cling wrap melting in the oven?
Answered by Dr. Namala Bharadwaj 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Such small quantity no side effects.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX.
I understand you concern.

Even for child such small quantity of consumption will not cause any side effects.
Consumption of large quantity over several years will produce side effects.

No need to worry.